FREE for Limited Time ! Offline Music Importer is for use with the Google Play Music™ app. It’s your music; play it however you want !Tags: FREE for Limited Time, Music, Offline, Player
Requirement: Android 2.1 and up
Developer: Sapien Mobile, LLC
Size: 165 KB
6 Mar, 2012 PRICE DROP New Price: Free (
Please double-check the price in Android Market when you download the Game in Android Market since the price is FREE for Limited Time.
Offline Music Importer is an Android application for use with the Google Play Music™ app. It’s your music; play it however you want.
This app gathers those meaningless music files, applies the proper ID3 tags and artwork, moves the files to your /Music folder on the sdcard, and updates the Media Provider. All your imported music will be available to any music player installed on the device.
- Artwork tagging is native. No need for remote queries or yet another app to find the artwork.
- Offline music download monitor and background import process. Make your music available offline, and it just shows up in your other players, period. You don’t even have to open the importer app…unless you just want to watch the music get imported.
- Purges source files after importing. Source files won’t redownload either. Want to get the source files back? Just toggle the pushpin for that item.
- Automatically discovers all sdcards. Saves to the external card by default.
- Imported music is instantly made known to the device. No need to reboot or unmount/remount sdcards for the device to discover it.
- Imports playlists too. Make your playlist available offline, and the playlist name shows up in your other players, pointing to the newly imported music.
- It’s App2SD compatible.
- This app will import your downloaded, offline music and playlists from the Google Play Music app, into your local device library so you can play it in any media player.
- You must have that app installed and properly setup in order to use this app.
There are plenty of other music players in the market that are better than the Google Play Music player. Many also integrate with AM/FM stations and internet radio. Now you can play your Google Play Music media in those players too.
Why you need this app:
When you make your Google Play Music media available offline, you are storing cached music files in a special folder on your device. The media provider service within Android can’t see the music in there. Even if it could, the file names are meaningless and they don’t have any ID3 tags. The service would not know what the song title is, what album it belongs to, what track number it is, not even the artist. The files are just raw music. For all those reasons, you can’t play those files properly in any other music player except the Google Play Music player.